Manuscripts prepared following the “Uniform Requirements for manuscripts submitted to biomedical Journals” is acceptable to this journal for publishing. Authors are advised to visit the Web site www.bsnsbd.org for this purpose.
Editorial scope:Editorial scope:
- The Bangladesh Journal of Neurosurgery (BJNS) is intended to promote prompt publication of concise, scientific article based on the study in all fields of medical and health sciences.
- Submitted manuscripts should not be previously published or being considered for publication elsewhere.
- All submitted articles will undergo double blind peer review as per recommendations by subject specific experts selected by editors.
- Reviewed manuscripts will be sent to the corresponding author for appropriate response if it is indicated.
- Acceptance is based on significance, originality and clarity and fulfillment of the criteria of the publication policy of this journal.
- The Editor- in- Chief will make all final decisions regarding acceptance.
- Selection of the reviewed and accepted manuscripts intended for publication in a particular issue will be decided by Editorial Board.
- Rejected manuscript will be returned if accompanied by stamped or self- addressed envelop.
- Upon acceptance for publication the copy right of the paper automatically transfers to the Bangladesh Society of Neurosurgeons (BSNS) and will not be published elsewhere either in part or whole without written permission of the copyright holder.
- Review article should be written by a subject expert.
- Manuscripts based on the study should have been conducted according to the ethical standards laid down in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki revised 2000.
- Manuscript must contain a statement in the method section that all human subjects involved studies have been approved by appropriate ethical committee after careful examination of the ethical aspects.
- Permission of the patients or their families to reproduce photographs of the patients where identity is not disguised
- Author should obtain written permission to reproduce any table, illustration from any other source.
The authors are requested to strictly follow the guide lines below for submission of manuscript to for publication. The following documents with manuscripts are to be submitted for publication.
- A covering letter addressed to the Chief Editor of the journal (Sample given at the end).
- A Title page ((Sample given at the end).
- Abstract and key words in the first page followed by the text, prepared in the format of IMRAD.
- Authors are requested to submit their articles in the web bsnsbd.com as instructed.
- On special cases, submission through E-mail with file attachment of all documents is welcome.
- All authors must sign after seeing the manuscript with the statement that they are the only authors.
- The corresponding author should mention the contribution of each author to the work.
- It should contain a declaration that this manuscript has not been submitted elsewhere or not under consideration in any journal.
- It should clearly indicate the publication type (Original/Review/Case report/letter etc.)
- Should also mention the expected benefit of the medical science from publishing of this article.
Authors are requested to su1bmit new and revised manuscript and correspondence to:
Prof. ATM Mosharef Hossain
Chief Editor BJNS
Room 529, Department of Neurosurgery Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University Shahbag, Dhaka